Do you have any idea about the health benefits and how to make spearmint tea? Well, if not here is the right place for you, spearmint is a herbaceous plant that has got a square-shaped stem, pink/white and broad leaves, the leaves is where the value of spearmint lies in the making of the spearmint tea simply because it contains high concentration of the active ingredients and also the flavor.
Here is a step by step guide on how to make spearmint tea,
- Pour water into a sauce pan
- On a side bowl, rinse the spearmint leaves as you add to the sauce pan
- Cook on low heat as you wait for the water to simmer
- After around ten minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat
- Pour the contents into a jug and sieve the spearmint leaves
- Leave it to cool slightly then serve
Health Benefits of Organic Spearmint Tea
There are a number of health benefits of spearmint tea and they are as follows;
- Respiratory health – Spearmint tea plays a very important role in as far as respiratory health is concerned simply because of its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties; it is good for tightness in the chest and sore throats. More so, its strong aroma can be used to clear up sinuses.
- Stress relief – Menthol is one of the active ingredients in spearmint, it has got a soothing effect to the body and it is known to produce a relaxed and a calm state to the body, basically, if you are suffering from chronic stress, spearmint tea can help you to eliminate the effect of the stress hormones and ease your mind in a short while.
- Helps in prevention of chronic diseases – Spearmint has got some chemical compounds that will help in the prevention of chronic diseases such as cancer that are mainly caused by the free radicals that attacks the healthy cells, the chemical compounds include; thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin A, and Vitamin C. the antioxidants in the spearmint tea will neutralize the free radicals and eliminate them, thus preventing you from such diseases. Learn about spearmint tea and weight loss benefits.
Effects of Spearmint tea to PCOS, Acne and Hirsutism
Spearmint tea helps in controlling the hormones which is testosterone, this is the hormone that is responsible for hirsutism and acne, in this case, it is reduced by about 30%, more so, it helps in increasing the Follicle stimulating hormone by about 15% this is the hormone that is responsible for the maturation of the ovarian follicles. Read more on spearmint tea and effects to acne.
Video on Spearmint Tea to Reduce Hirsutism and PCOS
The post What To Know About Health Benefits of Spearmint Tea appeared first on Spearmint Tea.